Monday, September 13, 2010

NARS Strawberry Fields

Hope everyone had a great weekend! :) Monday's already winding down for me, thank goodness! It's always so hard for me to get back to the daily grind after a nice weekend. But that's life!

Today marks the beginning of my transition into fall fashion and make-up. Summer is quickly fading, and as the weather gets cooler, my lip color choices get darker. It's about this time of year when I start to dream of sleek pea coats, warm scarves, and knee-high boots. Though I still love summer, now that I'm older I realize I actually like fall and winter a teensy bit more. Blasphemy, I know! But really, I love to bundle up in different layers and experiment with red lipsticks more than stripping down to a bikini and trying not to blind people with my ghastly white legs in shorts. :P I am definitely more suited for colder weather, as I CANNOT stand temperatures above 80 degrees or humid climates. Plus, there's the holiday season, heartier foods to make (chili and beef stew anyone??), snowboarding to look forward to (yay!!!), I can go on and on...!


ANYWAY, seasonal tangents aside, today I have for you the first of my fall make-up acquisitions. NARS lip gloss in Strawberry Fields, which sounds like summer but is reminiscent of autumn's rich colors.


Described as a "bright strawberry pink" and packaged in the brand's signature black and white, this is supposedly a limited edition item that came out this summer. Now, I love NARS lip glosses, but I definitely don't buy them for their bold colors. Compared to many other brands, NARS' glosses are generally sheer. However, what they lack in pigmentation, they make up for in the formula and staying power. These babies are definitely in the higher end of the lip gloss spectrum, both in price ($24 each) and quality. They go on easily without drying out your lips. And as a plus, the tube itself is sophisticated-looking. ;) I always love seeing a NARS lip gloss when I look into my purse.


Strawberry Fields strays from the NARS norm because it is quite possibly the most pigmented lip gloss that I have in my collection. It's definitely the most pigmented gloss that NARS has come out with so far.


I think it's my favorite NARS! Its typical doe foot applicator makes it a cinch to apply, and you definitely don't need very much for your lips to stand out. This color is bold, but there's nothing garish about it. In fact, I would consider it a very grown up shade to wear. Definitely different from a red lipstick, but just as pretty. Also, I wouldn't consider this a "pink"; it's definitely more of a berry.


Swatch on my arm. Look how opaque the color is!


Even when the color fades away, there's still a faint stain that stays on your lips for the rest of the day. Or if you want the look of a stain without the shine, slick on a bit of this lip gloss and blot off most of the excess with a tissue. Instant stain without having to buy another product!


The color's so rich and vibrant. It's right up my alley :)


If you're looking for a gorgeous berry shade this fall, go get NARS Strawberry Fields! Even if you're skeptical of bright colors like this, you should still try it out. I think this shade would be nice on a variety of skin tones, and it's much easier to pull off than diving into bright lip colors with red.

I hope NARS keeps this in their permanent collection! It's too good to be just limited edition!


'Til later! <3

2 comments: