Saturday, September 18, 2010

Maybelline NYFW 2010 Nail Polish #642 Gray-T Glamour

Hey everyone! It's 2am here in California, and I am just about to pass out, but I wanted to post this before I go to bed. This is the second item that I got from the Maybelline NYFW collection. Now, I'm not sure if this is considered part of Maybelline's fall collection or if it's solely for Fashion Week, but I do hope that they extend the availability of the items into winter, because both of the things I got are sooo worth snagging for yourself!


This nail polish definitely caught my eye because it stood out amongst the dark reds and purples of the display. I don't have any color like it, so I'm really happy that I found a pretty gray polish--and it's by Maybelline no less!


I would describe this as a blue-gray polish with ultra fine shimmer. The shimmer is almost imperceptible, but there's enough in it to keep the polish from looking like flat cement. The formula is surprisingly excellent. I say "surprisingly" because I haven't always had good experiences with Maybelline polishes in the past. They're usually goopy and hard to use. This particular polish applies pretty much flawlessly. The brush is a little more stiff than I'm used to, but I found that it makes the application more quick and easy since it allows for precision. It only required 2 coats to be opaque. I didn't time myself to see if it would really dry in 50 seconds (I also used a quick-dry top coat), but I cooked dinner and washed dishes right after I gave myself a manicure, and it's still looking fresh hours later. I would say that the wearing power (so far) is good.


2 coats, natural light. Pretty, isn't it? Too bad my camera isn't good enough to capture its greatness. For a better idea of how the polish looks, check out this swatch.


With flash. This picture is better because it shows the gorgeous shimmer, and the color here is more true to life~


My FOTD using my new Maybelline products! A look inspired by the display's model :)

On my face:
-Laura Mercier Secret Concealer
-Laura Mercier Mineral Powder SPF 15
-Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder
-Stila Custom Color Blush

Eyes:
-Diorshow Iconic Waterproof Mascara
-Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes in 0L
-Benefit Kohl Pencil in Royale

Lips:
-Maybelline Color Sensational in Wined & Dined (review here)


---


Alrighty, that's it for tonight. I'm so happy it's Saturday! Time to sleep in and enjoy the weekend. Have a great 2 day break everyone!

<3

3 comments:

  1. love the nails! and great FOTD :) red lips definitely look gorg on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the nails! The color is spectacular :) And your lipstick is stunning. I just love the color :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you don't look as pissed as the model though.. haha

    ReplyDelete