Friday, September 17, 2010

Maybelline NYFW 2010 Lipstick #939 Wined & Dined

As promised, today I have the first item that I picked up from Maybelline's newest collection that they created for this year's New York Fashion Week (which just ended yesterday!).

I was pretty excited when I saw this display in Ulta since I've been following the fashion show pictures that have been popping up on blogs all week. Though food and make-up are both dear to my heart, I am also a giddy girl when it comes to clothes! NYFW is the ultimate dream come true for both designers and consumers alike: beautiful clothes, killer shoes, accessories to die for...all in one of the greatest cities in the world. What's not to like?? So, even though I couldn't be in New York this time of year, it's still nice to have something that connects me to it all.

When I saw the Maybelline display, the first thing that caught my eye was the model's bold red lips and secondly, her cute blue-gray nails. I picked up both the nail polish and one of the 2 red lipsticks offered. I haven't done a manicure with the polish yet, so for now I have for you the lipstick!


This is from the Color Sensational line, just like this one, but unlike the other's pale pinkness, #939 Wined & Dined is defininitely on the bolder end of the spectrum.



Wined & Dined is a deep brick red, the exact shade of red that I've always wanted to rock with pale, flawless skin, a slick cat eye, and perhaps some faux fur and a pair of slick knee-high boots. ;) In other words, it's precisely what I would imagine myself wearing if I were roaming the streets of New York right now, at this beautiful time of year when summer is beginning to fade into fall.


It's pretty much perfect for fall and winter. I think it's actually more wearable than a blue-based red, especially during the day. It's a very sophisticated red that, if used moderately, could be worn to both work and a black tie affair. I'm in love!


The shade has an old Hollywood feel to it, and would be flattering on both medium and light skin tones. The formula is quite opaque without being drying, just like the rest of the Color Sensational line.


The only bad thing about this lipstick (though it is by no means the product's failure) is that I have to take my time applying it, but this is typical of every red lipstick. The effort it takes to put this on perfectly is worth it though! I'm very happy with the results :)


Be back later with the nail polish!

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful shade on you!! :) Seriously. Reds are seriously hard to work with because of the different types of finishes. I love this one and I may go pick up a red for the heck of it :D

    I wish I could go to NYFW too! :p

    ReplyDelete