Thursday, September 9, 2010

Cinnamon Rolls

Good morning dear readers!

I don't know about you, but I don't think that there's anything that smells better than cinnamon rolls baking in the oven. I mean, if Cinnabon's addicting smell already makes me walk a little slower every time I pass by it in the mall, then I couldn't imagine how good it would be if I tried making my own at home.

Let me tell you, I was not disappointed.

I made these on Monday when there was a holiday, and my bf and I lounged around playing Wii, eating lunch, and sipping iced coffee in between risings. It was the perfect day to make something like this, since I could take my time instead of rushing to finish them.

While the recipe itself is not too difficult, the hardest part for me was waiting for the dough to rise. Oh, the anticipation! After the first 2 hours of rising, I finally got to roll out the dough...


Spread on some softened butter...


Sprinkle on the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture...


Roll up the dough...



Cut it into 18 sections...


At this point, the boy was giddy with excitement at the prospect of having cinnamon rolls to eat. He could not stop exclaiming over how cool the swirls looked :)




No....it was still not time to bake...we had to wait another hour for the second rising! Le sigh!


After the second rising, we were finally able to put it into the oven.


Then we had to make the cream cheese glaze...which is pretty much cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract lol. Not exactly for anyone on a diet.


All that waiting was totally worth it in the end. The smell that wafted through the entire house was so intoxicating and comforting and delicious. There's no way anyone could resist them! The bf's family and I polished off one pan right then and there, with only sighs of happiness and sticky fingers as evidence of our pig out :)


Sweet, soft, warm, and satisfying. Perfect with a cup of coffee. And, dare I say it, better than Cinnabon! Is there any way I can get someone to make these for me every morning?? I want to wake up to the smell of cinnamon rolls. Even thinking about them now makes me wish that I had some left!


Perhaps once again this weekend? ;)

1 comment: