Tuesday, September 22, 2009

NARS Lipstick in Fast Ride

While I love summer and its fun, endless opportunities, my favorite season is actually winter. With the fall already here, winter is just around the corner. I love autumn and winter because of the prospect of a new school year and the holidays. I also love autumn and winter make up and fashion much more than the floral, less-is-more mentality of spring and summer. This time of year is all about the mixture of classiness/edginess with plenty of pea coats and motorcycle jackets, scarves and gloves, plaid and black rocker chic, to name a few . These things pair perfectly with darker, more dramatic looks, which I tend to be drawn to.

And so I present to you my first transition into this season, with a NARS lipstick in Fast Ride from their newest collection. This is described as a sheer mulberry, and sheer it is! Although it looks kinda scary in the tube, one swatch on my hand was enough to confirm that this is actually a very wearable, buildable color. I had to really layer it on to get the desired, dark lip look that I was going for. This lipstick is foolproof! One swipe will give you a pretty natural, stained lip sort of look, while a few more layers will make the color more prominent (but still not as dark as the tube would have you believe)

The close ups are not that great, since the smooth surface of the lipstick has been broken thanks to my constant swatching :x

Here are some pictures of me wearing it. Again, not the best quality since these were taken after a long day of work, at night, without natural lighting.

No flash

With flash. I like how it pairs up nicely with my nail polish! haha :) Very classy (although I plan to wear this with more edgy clothing)

If you're looking for a versatile lipstick for this season, NARS Fast Ride may be it!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, that color is like perfect on you. So pretty...=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice color... i'm scare to use dark lippies color

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautilicious! The color looks so feminine and elegant on you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. What color polish is this? It's awesome! marinabrola@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. the nail polish is Sephora by OPI in Under My Trench Coat :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your post about NARS Fast Ride!- OMG, this is my HG lipstick color and formula! There is No going back ever again to drugstore lip products. The color is stunning, goes with all attire & is sophisticated. I love winter too the best!

    ReplyDelete