Thursday, May 14, 2009

Sephora Haul

Sephora had a Friends & Family 20% off sale a few weeks ago, so I decided to take advantage of it and buy some of the things that I've been eyeing :)



Dior Bronze Original Tan in 01 Healthy Tan~ I've been looking for a good bronzer for summer; decided on the Dior. So far so good!

With the plastic cover still on

Perfect and natural for my skin tone :)

The beautiful Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc in Gilded Garden....I already have plenty of pink blushes, but I couldn't resist this one!!! I open the compact sometimes just to stare at the prettiness hahah. BUT it is also very pretty on the cheeks...gives just the perfect amount of glow!



Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Reflect in 577 Fuchsia Poplin~ vibrant berry pink gloss perfect for spring and summer!


And Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick SPF 15 in 8 Fetish Pink~ I got this one because I wanted a baby pink lipstick...I was envisioning healthy tan skin (from a bronzer, not the sun--BAD!) with a pretty pink lip. This lipstick goes on soooo nicely...it's smooth and VERY pigmented so a little goes a long way!


Swatches of everything....the top 4 colors are from the Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc, the 2 middle colors are of the YSL lipstick (left) and Dior gloss (right), and finally the Dior bronzer swatch is at the veryyyy bottom (almost not noticeable!)


Wearing the YSL Rouge Volupte lipstick...see how pink it is??? I was wearing no other eye make up besides mascara in this picture, but I love how the pink lip is so prominent. I just lightly dabbed the color on my lips until it reached the shade I wanted
Close up...to take some of the matte off the lips, I brushed on just a little bit of the Dior Fuchsia Poplin gloss...just a bit on the bottom lip and then blended against my upper lip for a little shine...what do you think? Cute color, right? :)


****
Went home to Norcal this weekend for Mother's Day and to attend a wedding...remember the vases that the boy and I painted at Color Me Mine? Here are the finished products before they were given to our moms


On Sunday before I flew back to LA, I woke up early and went out to buy 3 bouquets of tulips for my mommy...put them in the vase, and surprised her when she woke up. I'm so mad I forgot to take a picture of the vase with the flowers! >:(


Anyway, Happy Thursday! I'll create a post about the wedding I attended later~

7 comments:

  1. Love the shot of your lips! Very pretty colours combined!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pink is just perfect!!! I wish I liked the scent of YSL lippies! :/ Nice haul~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. the colors are gorgeous! great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that pink lipstick looks gorgeous on you! great haul!!! when did 20% off at Sephora happen? How did I miss it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn holla at them pink ass lips! woohoooo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice haul! I see everyone has the Laura Mercier Gilded Garden Shimmer Bloc... I would also get it immediately, if only Vienna sells LM... sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. would you describe ysl fetish pink as a pastel pink?

    ReplyDelete